THE MSD IS BACK OPEN, WITH STRICT MEASURES IN PLACE TO KEEP YOU SAFE. PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING RULES AND POLICIES:
MSD COVID-19 Rules and Policies
- No changeroom use, no soliciting, no “hanging around” after rentals or in lobby whatsoever.
- No Spectators, friends, significant others, etc. in the facility. ONLY players are permitted. Anyone “just watching” will be asked to leave.
- Multi-tiered bleachers are out of use. Single benches are in use for PLAYERS only and are sanitized after ever rental.
- No player may enter the facility 10 mins prior to the start of their rental. The entrance doors will remain LOCKED until the 10-minute window. 1.5 hour rentals will run for 80 mins, then a 10 minute “exit period” all players MUST be out of facility within 10 mins for our subsequent cleaning session.
- Players MUST enter through entrance door (west side of facility) and exit through the exit doors (east side of facility)
- Absolutely NO FOOD or disposable items. NO food, no plastic water bottles no garbage. NOTHING left behind.
- ABSOLUTELY NO SPITTING in facility. This will result in potential BANISHMENT from the facility and a considerable fine from the York Regional police.
- Refrain from hand shaking or any unnecessary contact.
- Do not interact with other rentals groups whatsoever. Always, maintain a considerate distance of at least 2m.
- Facemasks must be worn inside the office facility (washrooms and lobby) at all times by staff and renters
- Facemasks are optional but encouraged during game play, under the York Regional list of indoor exemptions, Exemption Two, section e; “Anyone wearing a face covering that would inhibit their ability to breathe in any such ways, but not limited to, during moderate to intense physical activity (such as running) ..”
- There is a maximum of 12 players permitted per quarter field, meaning MAX people in the dome is 48 players, and 1-2 staff.
Failure to follow such rules will lead to forfeiture of rental time, with no refund and potential banishment from facility.
The Markham Sports Dome is a 70,000 square foot facility indoor turf facility with many unique features:
- Heating and cooling air system: winter heating system avoid frigid Canadian temperatures, and summer climate control protects athletes from heat exhaustion and sunstroke.
- Full-field and part-field options: Our FIFA approved infill turf can be divided into quarter fields (150ft x 100ft), half fields (150ft x 200ft) and full-field (300ft x 200ft). Different rates apply to each. Interested in renting? Click here
- Male and Female Change Rooms and Washrooms
- Meeting Rooms: available for conferences and birthday parties rentals.
- More than just soccer: Our multi-use facility proudly hosts soccer, football, rugby, ultimate frisbee, drone flying, birthday parties and MUCH more!
- Running Track: Outside the dome you’ll find a groomed running track; perfect for runners and joggers (closed during winter months).
- Disclaimer: The Markham Sports Dome is not responsible for lost or stolen property.